Saturday, January 8, 2011

Primary Art Supply Poster

So I kept myself busy with art projects this Winter Break and I have two exciting pieces of news. The first one is....

I won second place in Primary Art Supply's poster contest!



Primary is a popular art store in Savannah that is run by SCAD alumni.

The store has a very friendly, welcoming and playful vibe to it.  I kept those feelings in mind when making this poster, especially with the colours, which I pulled straight out of their logo.

As for the subject matter, I used two of my favourite objects ever: hot-air balloons and gumball machines (which by themselves already have a friendly and playful vibe.) I often visualize the image in my head before sketching it down and through that method I quickly realized just how seamlessly you can combine those two objects. This is the sketch I made:

 (p.s.: this toned sketchbook is the best ever. )

The poster is now up in stores :) Go check it out if you're in SAV!

If you've read this far and you're wondering where the second part of the good news is, I will be posting that in the upcoming weeks :) Stay tuned!

1 comment: