Monday, April 2, 2012

Light Bulb Pattern

This is my first ever try at a repeat pattern, for Electric Keychain's newest project. I figured light bulbs would be great for a pattern since they come in varied shapes and sizes, and since I hadn't made any illustrations with light bulbs yet. Not bad for a first try, I think!


I have loved light bulbs since I was a kid. On trips to the grocery store, I would often stop by the aisle with the bulbs, just to look at them, and my mom or dad would come over and tell me, "Tati, we don't need any more light bulbs."

Why do I like light bulbs? I just always have. It's easy to take them for granted but I just think light bulbs are beautiful. They're as shiny, round, and fragile as any piece of glass jewelry. Just because they serve a practical purpose does not make them any less interesting or aesthetically appealing.

I now have a collection of light bulbs that started growing without me even realizing it. Most of them are burnt out, only a few of them are vintage, a lot of them are like any common household light bulb that you've ever seen, but I still like to keep them in my collection despite their abundance.

 The last one in this picture is the first one in the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment